Help monitor populations of coastal birds along the beautiful Knysna coastline. Data collected via this project is contributed to an Africa wide citizen science database; allowing for the tracking of bird hotspots and monitoring populations over time.
Conduct surveys in Inter-tidal zones, helping us to establish the species present in different zones and how environmental factors affect species populations. Data is also contributed to citizen science projects such as Echinomap.
- Identifying coastal birds
- Recording bird sightings data
- Surveying inter-tidal zones and identifying organisms
- Entering data into relevant databases
- Initiating projects
- Contributing to citizen science databases
Current Project Needs
- Volunteer manpower
- Reference books