Volunteer on a range of community volunteer projects that empower local communities and gain valuable experience in community outreach work.
- Experience and assist with a variety of community projects which aim to empower and educate people in some of the poorest communities
- Work with a range of age groups from primary school children to elderly community members
- Meet the local people and make friends for life
- Immerse yourself in South Africa’s unique cultures and heritage
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Monday||TB Screening||Support Group|
|Tuesday||Soup Kitchen||HIV Workshop|
|Wednesday||Community Survey||Recycling Swop Shop|
|Thursday||Food Security||HIV Workshop|
|Friday||Support for the Elderly||Cultural Activity|
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Return Bus Ticket from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Knysna
- Pick up & drop off from arrival points (George airport or Knysna bus stop)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- Accommodation in our Volunteer House
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project Tshirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
- Free, unlimited WiFi and computer access in the Knysna volunteer house
- Post project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Comfortable
You will have access to all amenities including running water, electricity. Most bankcards work at local banks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) and you will have access to the Internet. You will also find that you can purchase almost anything at local shops.
Recommended for those who enjoy having access to restaurants and shops as well as daily communication with friends and family at home.
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
You'll be in Knysna, South Africa
Knysna is one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa. Stunning views, impressive mountain passes, lush green forests and white sandy beaches.
Knysna really is paradise and it’s no surprise that it has been voted South Africa’s favorite holiday town on many occasions!
*Please contact us for pricing for stays of more than 8 weeks and group bookings.
What I loved the most is feeling like I have made a positive contribution! I’ve felt totally necessary and essential for the projects I’ve helped with and developed.
The breadth of the project types we got to work on was amazing. I definitely felt the emotional connection I was looking for and then some! The experience exceeded what expectations I did have….The EoA team are amazing- such good people!