About the Programme
Gain practical criminology work experience with lawyers who specialise in the field of Criminal Law; a Community Safety Department (local council); and a social welfare organisation in South Africa.
- Shadow a prosecutor who specialises in criminal defence work
- Spend time at a Government Department responsible for civilian oversight over Police and Traffic Management, as well as crime prevention and community police relations
- Gain insight into the impact of crime (such as domestic violence) on its victims
- Learn about the turbulent and interesting history of crime in South Africa
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Monday||Law Placement||Law Placement|
|Tuesday||Law Placement||Law Placement|
|Wednesday||Community Safety Department||Community Safety Department|
|Thursday||Community Safety Department||Community Safety Department|
|Friday||Social Work Organisation||Cultural Activity|
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Return Bus Ticket from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Knysna
- Pick up & drop off from arrival points (George airport or Knysna bus stop)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- Accommodation in our Volunteer House
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
- Free, unlimited Wi-Fi and computer access in the Knysna volunteer house
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Comfortable
You will have access to all amenities including running water, electricity. Most bankcards work at local banks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) and you will have access to the Internet. You will also find that you can purchase almost anything at local shops.
Recommended for those who enjoy having access to restaurants and shops as well as daily communication with friends and family at home.
You'll be in Knysna South Africa
Knysna is one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa. Stunning views, impressive mountain passes, lush green forests and white sandy beaches.
Knysna really is paradise and it’s no surprise that it has been voted South Africa’s favorite holiday town on many occasions!
*Please contact us for pricing for stays of more than 8 weeks and group bookings.