Experience various aspects of the exciting field of law enforcement and community safety. Gain insight into life in the community by assisting with our community outreach projects.
- Assist a civilian forum working in partnership with the local police
- Spend time with a social welfare organisation who run community awareness programs and support victims of crime
- Shadow an attorney specialising in criminal law and expand your knowledge of the South African legal system
- Assist a private security firm who provide emergency response services
- Assist with community volunteer projects and help us to empower local people
Work Experience Program Details:
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Monday||Orientation & Training||Community Police Forum|
|Tuesday||Social Welfare Org.||Security Firm|
|Wednesday||Security Firm||Recycling Project for kids|
|Thursday||Law firm||Food security project|
|Friday||Community survey project||Cultural Activity|
Start your work abroad journey here
Ever dreamed of gaining work experience in Africa? We provide safe, ethical and life-changing programs for people of all ages and walks of life.
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Return Bus Ticket from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Knysna
- Pick up & drop off from arrival points (George airport or Knysna bus stop)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- Accommodation in our Volunteer House
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
- Free, unlimited Wi-Fi and computer access in the Knysna volunteer house
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Comfortable
You will have access to all amenities including running water, electricity. Most bankcards work at local banks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) and you will have access to the Internet. You will also find that you can purchase almost anything at local shops.
Recommended for those who enjoy having access to restaurants and shops as well as daily communication with friends and family at home.
Volunteer on this Program from:
*Please contact us for pricing for stays of more than 8 weeks
You'll be in Knysna South Africa
Knysna is one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa. Stunning views, impressive mountain passes, lush green forests and white sandy beaches.
Knysna really is paradise and it’s no surprise that it has been voted South Africa’s favorite holiday town on many occasions!