Experience dolphin and whales in close proximity along the magnificent Garden Route Coast; learn all about marine life and aquatic ecology; and contribute to coastal conservation projects!
- Work along one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world
- Research South Africa’s diverse marine life
- Experience dolphins and whales in close proximity
- Assist with facilitating marine conservation workshops for local people
- Expand your knowledge of marine life and aquatic ecology
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Monday||Lectures/Coastal Survey||Workshop prep|
|Tuesday||Dolphin & Whale Experience||Dolphin & Whale Experience|
|Wednesday||Marine conservation workshop||Lecture/Coastal Survey|
|Thursday||Dolphin & Whale Experience||Dolphin & Whale Experience|
|Friday||Lecture/Coastal Survey||Cultural Activity|
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Return Bus Ticket from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Knysna
- Pick up & drop off from arrival points (George airport or Knysna bus stop)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- Accommodation in our Volunteer House
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
- Free, unlimited Wi-Fi and computer access in the Knysna volunteer house
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Comfortable
You will have access to all amenities including running water, electricity. Most bankcards work at local banks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) and you will have access to the Internet. You will also find that you can purchase almost anything at local shops.
Recommended for those who enjoy having access to restaurants and shops as well as daily communication with friends and family at home.
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
You'll be in Knysna, South Africa
Knysna is one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa. Stunning views, impressive mountain passes, lush green forests and white sandy beaches.
Knysna really is paradise and it’s no surprise that it has been voted South Africa’s favorite holiday town on many occasions!
*Please contact us for pricing for stays of more than 8 weeks and group bookings.
I would definitely give this program 10/10. It was amazing to see these amazing animals so close and contribute to the reasearch.
I loved the opportunity to get so close to these amazing animals. I will never forget the excitement of seeing a Whale breach right in front of the boat.