Join us as an english teaching volunteer and provide much needed support and manpower to an underprivileged school in Madagascar.
- Provide local students with the opportunity to learn conversational and written basic English.
- Empower and Educate local children, giving them a brighter future
- Provide new skills to underprivileged teachers
- Immerse yourself in Madagascar’s colourful culture
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Monday||English Teaching & Classroom Assistance||English Teaching & Classroom Assistance|
|Tuesday||English Teaching & Classroom Assistance||English Teaching & Classroom Assistance|
|Wednesday||English Teaching & Classroom Assistance||English Teaching & Classroom Assistance|
|Thursday||English Teaching & Classroom Assistance||English Teaching & Classroom Assistance|
|Friday||English Teaching & Classroom Assistance||Cultural Activity|
I truly loved working with the kids and the welcoming teachers and EDGE staff!
The highlight has been hearing the English that the kids have learned over the last 4 weeks. The children are all very keen to learn and impeccably well behaved!
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Pick up & drop off from arrival point (Fort Dauphin Airport)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Adventurer
You will not have access to most amenities like indoor plumbing, electricity, well-stocked shops or banks, except on town days
This is only recommended for those who have experienced volunteering or travelling in a developing country and are up for the challenge of living outside their comfort zone.
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
You'll be in Fort Dauphin, Madagascar
Madagascar is a country that is truly unique! where approximately 90 % of all plant and animal species are endemic, including the lemurs, the carnivorous fossa and many birds
Fort Dauphin really is exotic flanked by sweeping sandy beaches andh high mountains to the North.
*Please contact us for pricing for stays of more than 8 weeks and group bookings.