About the Programme
Enjoy the valuable experience of planning and running your own event from start to finish! Gain experience in all aspects of planning and running events; from budgeting, to marketing, to team management.
- Gain practical experience of planning your own events
- Develop your CV to compete in the job market
- Gain valuable organisation and leadership skills
- Immerse yourself in the local culture
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Monday||Event Planning||Event Planning|
|Tuesday||Event Planning||Event Planning|
|Wednesday||Event Planning||Event Planning|
|Thursday||Event Planning||Event Planning|
|Friday||Event Planning||Cultural Activity|
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Return Bus Ticket from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Knysna
- Pick up & drop off from arrival points (George airport or Knysna bus stop)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- Accommodation in our Volunteer House
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
- Free, unlimited Wi-Fi and computer access in the Knysna volunteer house
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Comfortable
You will have access to all amenities including running water, electricity. Most bankcards work at local banks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) and you will have access to the Internet. You will also find that you can purchase almost anything at local shops.
Recommended for those who enjoy having access to restaurants and shops as well as daily communication with friends and family at home.
You'll be in Knysna South Africa
Knysna is one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa. Stunning views, impressive mountain passes, lush green forests and white sandy beaches.
Knysna really is paradise and it’s no surprise that it has been voted South Africa’s favorite holiday town on many occasions!
*Please contact us for pricing for stays of more than 8 weeks and group bookings.