Join us today on this conservation volunteer experience covering the key topics of basic ecology and biodiversity. Contribute to forest and coastal conservation projects in a stunning environment.
- Visit the unique forest and beach habitats of the famous Garden Route, South Africa
- Work along one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world
- Help us with different data collection and research projects
- Increase your knowledge of the species from the area – forest birds, mammals, ocean plants and animals and shore birds
- Help us run fun workshops for local children about the wonders of the natural world
- Help with a community recycling program for kids called the Swop Shop based on a recycling exchange system
Conservation volunteer program details:
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Return Bus Ticket from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Knysna
- Pick up & drop off from arrival points (George airport or Knysna bus stop)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- Accommodation in our Volunteer House
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
- Free, unlimited Wi-Fi and computer access in the Knysna volunteer house
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Monday||Lecture/Forest Species Survey||Workshop prep|
|Tuesday||Lecture/Bird survey||Alien eradication|
|Wednesday||Conservation Education Workshop/Lecture||Recycling Swop Shop|
|Thursday||Lecture/Coastal survey||Forest Species Survey|
|Friday||Lecture/Alien eradication||Cultural Activity|
The people were all really friendly, the landscape was breath-taking and the projects were all really interesting
Challenge Level: Comfortable
You will have access to all amenities including running water, electricity. Most bankcards work at local banks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) and you will have access to the Internet. You will also find that you can purchase almost anything at local shops.
Recommended for those who enjoy having access to restaurants and shops as well as daily communication with friends and family at home.
Minimum stay is 2 weeks. Please contact us for pricing for group bookings.
Volunteer in Knysna, South Africa
Knysna is one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa. Stunning views, impressive mountain passes, lush green forests and white sandy beaches.
Knysna really is paradise and it’s no surprise that it has been voted South Africa’s favorite holiday town on many occasions!