Join us today and enjoy our world class conservation experience covering the key topics of basic ecology and biodiversity. Immerse yourself in the unique surroundings of the Garden Route and contribute to a variety of forest and coastal conservation projects!
- Immerse yourself in the unique surroundings of Africa’s southern-most Afro-Montane forest
- Work along one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world
- Gain hands on experience of a variety of scientific research methods
- Increase your knowledge of fundamental scientific principles
- Contribute to important conservation and research projects
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Monday||Lecture/Forest Species Survey||Workshop prep|
|Tuesday||Lecture/Bird survey||Alien eradication|
|Wednesday||Conservation Education Workshop/Lecture||Recycling Swop Shop|
|Thursday||Lecture/Coastal survey||Forest Species Survey|
|Friday||Lecture/Alien eradication||Cultural Activity|
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Return Bus Ticket from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Knysna
- Pick up & drop off from arrival points (George airport or Knysna bus stop)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- Accommodation in our Volunteer House
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
- Free, unlimited Wi-Fi and computer access in the Knysna volunteer house
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Comfortable
You will have access to all amenities including running water, electricity. Most bankcards work at local banks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) and you will have access to the Internet. You will also find that you can purchase almost anything at local shops.
Recommended for those who enjoy having access to restaurants and shops as well as daily communication with friends and family at home.
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
You'll be in Knysna, South Africa
Knysna is one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa. Stunning views, impressive mountain passes, lush green forests and white sandy beaches.
Knysna really is paradise and it’s no surprise that it has been voted South Africa’s favorite holiday town on many occasions!
*Please contact us for pricing for stays of more than 8 weeks and group bookings.
The people were all really friendly, the landscape was breath-taking and the projects were all really interesting