Join us as a Gorilla and Chimpanzee Conservation Volunteer and help save two of the most threatened African great apes: Gorillas and Chimpanzees. You will be tracking the movements of wild Gorillas; and raising awareness in the local rural communities in Cameroon, Africa. A real life changing experience!
- Record endangered apes’ population by making key observations including sighting of nesting sites, direct sighting, vocalization, feeding signs and moving tracks.
- Teach children the ecology of great apes, their importance and habitat needs
- Assist with tree planting in the Lebialem Highlands and beyond, with the aim of improving soil health, increasing crop production, and stabilizing ecologically fragile landscapes
- Enjoy a once in a life time opportunity to experience the rainforests of Cameroon!
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Monday||Gorilla Tracking||Gorilla Tracking|
|Tuesday||Gorilla Tracking||Gorilla Tracking|
|Wednesday||Gorilla Tracking||Gorilla Tracking|
|Thursday||Gorilla Tracking||Gorilla Tracking|
|Friday||Apes Conservation Education||Cultural Activity|
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Pick up & drop off from arrival point (Douala Airport)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Adventurer
You will not have access to most amenities like indoor plumbing, electricity, well-stocked shops or banks, except on town days
This is only recommended for those who have experienced volunteering or travelling in a developing country and are up for the challenge of living outside their comfort zone.
You'll be in Buea, Cameroon
Buea is a beautiful coastal town located on the Eastern slopes of Mount Cameroon.
Cameroon is one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world and offers an array of activities and sight-seeing opportunities.
*Please contact us for pricing for stays of more than 8 weeks and group bookings.
We heard the chimps throwing stones and vocalizing to each other many times. Once, while we sat quietly, we heard a cross-river gorilla walk nearby pounding his chest!