Volunteer with Lemurs in Madagascar and conduct Biodiversity Monitoring.You will take part in fascinating field work that ventures into the famous forests of Madagascar. Trekking for Lemurs and taking part in very important scientific research is an unforgettable experience!
- Research and conserve some of the world’s most endangered species, including a variety of lemurs
- Protect rapidly diminishing forest areas
- Gain valuable research skills
- Work in some of the most biologically diverse areas in the world
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Monday||Lemur Research||Tree Nursery Management|
|Tuesday||Lemur Research||Biodiversity Monitoring|
|Wednesday||Lemur Research||Biodiversity Monitoring|
|Friday||Tree Nursery Management||Cultural Activity|
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Pick up & drop off from arrival point (Fort Dauphin Airport)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Adventurer
You will not have access to most amenities like indoor plumbing, electricity, well-stocked shops or banks, except on town days
This is only recommended for those who have experienced volunteering or travelling in a developing country and are up for the challenge of living outside their comfort zone.
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
You'll be in Fort Dauphin, Madagascar
Madagascar is a country that is truly unique! where approximately 90 % of all plant and animal species are endemic, including the lemurs, the carnivorous fossa and many birds
Fort Dauphin really is exotic flanked by sweeping sandy beaches and high mountains to the North.
*Please contact us for pricing for stays of more than 8 weeks and group bookings.
It was unreal to see wild lemurs so close. Living in such a rural and beautiful area was an amazing experience!