As a marine conservation volunteer in Mozambique you will help with exciting research projects in a tropical paradise! You can also improve your diving skills and see some incredible marine life!
- As a marine research volunteer you will work with experts in the field of Marine Biology
- Get hands on experience in marine research projects abroad
- Become a qualified diver by completing your PADI Open Water (or Advanced) certificate
- Help with community outreach projects like painting local schools and providing swimming lessons for kids
- See amazing sea-life, including whales, dolphins, whale-sharks and much more!
Marine Volunteer Project Details:
- Pick-up & Drop-off at Inhambane Airport
- 24/7 emergency support
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources (including diving kit hire)
- Accommodation in Guinjata Bay
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Training, guidance and mentoring from on-site marine biologists
- Scientific dive training
- Project T-shirt
- Local cultural tour & cooking lesson
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Extras included with Conservation Adventure option
- PADI Open Water Certification (consisting of lectures, pool sessions and 4 open water dives) OR PADI Advanced Open Water Certification (this course helps build confidence and expand your skills through 5 open water adventure dives)
- Ocean safari with megafauna training
- At least 2 of the following activities:
- Surf lesson
- Free-Diving Basic Training
- Yacht trip
- City walking tour
After your Marine Research & Diving Experience in Mozambique, you have the option to go to South Africa and spend 5 days exploring the stunning Balule Private Game Reserve in the Greater Kruger Park Ecosystem.
- Transport to safari lodge
- Accommodation is safari lodge
- 3 meals a day
- Game drives
- Animal behaviour lecture
- Bush walks
- Drakensburg Mountain tour
- Transport from safari lodge to Johannesburg Airport
Challenge Level: Comfortable
You will have access to all amenities including running water, electricity. Most bankcards work at local banks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) and you will have access to the Internet. You will also find that you can purchase almost anything at local shops.
Recommended for those who enjoy having access to restaurants and shops as well as daily communication with friends and family at home.
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
Volunteer in Mozambique:
Experience idyllic beaches and amazing marine life in one of the most beautiful regions of Mozambique!
You couldn’t hope for a more stunning location to volunteer than Guinjata Bay. In your down time you can enjoy lazing under coconut trees and feeling the sand between your toes!