As a medical volunteer abroad you will work with Ugandan health centers, private hospitals and clinics in the region of the Jinja district of Uganda.
- Medical professionals and students are a huge asset to this program and will gain a great deal of experience.
- Volunteers without medical experience are also welcome to join this program and assist with health education workshops.
- When you join this medical volunteer abroad program you will provide much needed medical assistance in rural communities in Uganda
- Learn about the medical challenges and practices in Uganda
- Have the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the Ugandan culture by living
with a local host family
Medical volunteer program details:
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Monday||Local hospital||Local hospital|
|Tuesday||Local hospital||Local hospital|
|Wednesday||Community medical outreach||
|Thursday||Health awareness workshop||Health awareness workshop|
|Friday||Volunteer meeting & planning||Cultural Activity|
I found it fascinating to learn about the health challenges and I feel I gained invaluable experience to bring back to my 3rd year of nursing.
While there was flexibility required and no lack of obstacles, our time was unforgettable, informative, and nothing short of wonderful. Thank you for the opportunity and the adventure.
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Pick up & drop off from Entebbe airport
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Moderate
As a volunteer you will be living with a local host family in a simple but comfortable home. You will have access to running water and electricity. There are banks available which accept all major bank cards (except AMEX which may not always be excepted). However most shops and restaurants do not accept card payments so you will need to draw cash at a bank and pay with cash. You will be able to obtain a local SIM card in order to communicate with your friends and family; however to access the
internet you will need to top up your SIM card with internet bundles or use the wifi facilities available at local restaurants.
Volunteer on this Program from:
Minimum stay is 2 weeks. Please contact us for pricing for group bookings.
Volunteer in Uganda:
Uganda – “the pearl of Africa” – is a beautiful country with a tropical climate and a very rich wildlife, including the endangered mountain gorillas.
The Jinja district, famous as the source of the River Nile, boasts a variety of adrenaline pumping activities including white water rafting. It is also home to the Jinja market where you can experience Ugandan culture at its best!