Join us as a preschool teaching volunteer in South Africa and support underprivileged pre-schools.
- Give children a brighter future by assisting them to develop important skills as you plan and run lessons under the guidance of our trained coordinator and with the teachers
- Help provide a safe and inspiring learning environment for children from disadvantaged communities by painting and fixing school buildings and playgrounds
- Work hand in hand with local teachers providing support and activities for the kids
- Immerse yourself in South Africa’s unique cultures and heritage
Preschool Teaching volunteer program details:
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Tuesday||Teaching in Preschool||School Enrichment|
|Wednesday||Teaching in Preschool||School Enrichment|
|Thursday||Teaching in Preschool||School Enrichment|
|Friday||Teaching in Preschool||Cultural Activity|
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Return Bus Ticket from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Knysna
- Pick up & drop off from arrival points (George airport or Knysna bus stop)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- Accommodation in our Volunteer House
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project Tshirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
- Free, unlimited WiFi and computer access in the Knysna volunteer house
- Post project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Comfortable
You will have access to all amenities including running water, electricity. Most bankcards work at local banks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) and you will have access to the Internet. You will also find that you can purchase almost anything at local shops.
Recommended for those who enjoy having access to restaurants and shops as well as daily communication with friends and family at home.
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
I think at the pre-school they appreciate the help so much and I really felt that we made a difference.
What I found the most memorable is that the children that you meet have so little yet they always have a smile for you.
Volunteer in Knysna, South Africa
Knysna is one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa. Stunning views, impressive mountain passes, lush green forests and white sandy beaches.
Knysna really is paradise and it’s no surprise that it has been voted South Africa’s favorite holiday town on many occasions!
*Please contact us for pricing for stays of more than 8 weeks and group bookings.