Through our rural medical volunteer opportunities in Madagascar we aim to assist with a huge need for medical assistance in the local clinic and through outreach work. We welcome qualified medical practitioners, medical students and general volunteers to assist with all aspects of the work.
- Provide much needed medical assistance in poor rural communities
- Gain insight into medical challenges and practices in Madagascar
- Experience life in a rural village and immerse yourself in Madagascar’s colourful culture
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Monday||Clinic Work||Community Health Awareness|
|Tuesday||Clinic Work||Community Health Awareness|
|Wednesday||Clinic Work||Community Health Awareness|
|Thursday||Clinic Work||Community Health Awareness|
|Friday||Clinic Work||Cultural Activity|
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Pick up & drop off from arrival point (Fort Dauphin Airport)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Adventurer
You will not have access to most amenities like indoor plumbing, electricity, well-stocked shops or banks, except on town days
This is only recommended for those who have experienced volunteering or travelling in a developing country and are up for the challenge of living outside their comfort zone.
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
You'll be in Fort Dauphin, Madagascar
Madagascar is a country that is truly unique! where approximately 90 % of all plant and animal species are endemic, including the lemurs, the carnivorous fossa and many birds
Fort Dauphin really is exotic flanked by sweeping sandy beaches and high mountains to the North.
*Please contact us for pricing for stays of more than 8 weeks and group bookings.
I found it fascinating to learn about the health challenges in Madagascar and I feel I gained invaluable experience to bring back to my 3rd year of nursing.
While there was flexibility required and no lack of obstacles, our time in Madagascar was unforgettable, informative, and nothing short of wondeful. Thank you for the opportunity and the adventure.