Support our community projects in the mornings and become a sports coach volunteer in the afternoons. It's a great way to immerse yourself in the South African Culture, enjoy a fun experience and get fit at the same time!
- Inspire local children to be active and healthy
- Provide an opportunity for local children to experience new sports and develop their skills
- Experience and assist with a variety of community projects which aim to empower and educate people in Knysna’s poorest communities
- Meet the local people and make friends for life
- Immerse yourself in South Africa’s unique cultures and heritage
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Monday||Community Survey||Sports Coaching|
|Tuesday||Soup Kitchen||Sports Coaching|
|Wednesday||TB Screening||Sports Coaching|
|Thursday||Food Security||Sports Coaching|
|Friday||Support for the Elderly||Cultural Activity|
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Return Bus Ticket from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Knysna
- Pick up & drop off from arrival points (George airport or Knysna bus stop)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- Accommodation in our Volunteer House
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project Tshirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
- Free, unlimited WiFi and computer access in the Knysna volunteer house
- Post project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Comfortable
You will have access to all amenities including running water, electricity. Most bankcards work at local banks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) and you will have access to the Internet. You will also find that you can purchase almost anything at local shops.
Recommended for those who enjoy having access to restaurants and shops as well as daily communication with friends and family at home.
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
You'll be in Knysna, South Africa
Knysna is one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa. Stunning views, impressive mountain passes, lush green forests and white sandy beaches.
Knysna really is paradise and it’s no surprise that it has been voted South Africa’s favorite holiday town on many occasions!
*Please contact us for pricing for stays of more than 8 weeks and group bookings.
One of the most memorable things for me was how appreciative the locals were. This experience has been amazing and I would recommend it 100%
My most memorable experience was how friendly the people are especially with the TB Screening – in 4 weeks nobody didn’t ask us to enter his house