This African Wildlife Research Experience is an enriching and unforgettable program for people that truly desire an up-close and personal experience in the world of conservation!
- Work on the frontline of wildlife conservation by helping prevent the extinction of endangered species and their habitat
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience in the wilds of Africa and gain valuable field experience for your future career
- Enjoy a once in a life time opportunity to view animals like cheetahs and elephants while assisting with important research into their populations
- Join our survival training course, allowing you to experience the raw, untamed South African bush! (optional)
Conservation volunteer program details:
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
- All project costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Transfer between Polokwane airport and the reserve
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- Accommodation at the reserve
- All necessary ingredients to prepare your meals
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Free, unlimited Wi-Fi at the accommodation
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Moderate
You will have access to all necessary amenities at the reserve including running water, electricity and internet access.
However, you will only have the opportunity to visit the closest town on set days (normally every 2 weeks). On town visit days you will have access to restaurants, shops and banks/ATMs.
Volunteer in Limpopo Province, South Africa
Enjoy a truly wild African experience based at a 7,200 hectare private wildlife reserve in the Limpopo Province, where you will live alongside 46 mammal species including 3 of the famous Big 5!
The province is rich in wildlife, spectacular scenery and a wealth of historical and cultural treasures.