As a marine research volunteer you will help monitor populations of coastal birds along the beautiful Knysna coastline. Data collected via this project is contributed to an Africa wide citizen science database; allowing for the tracking of bird hotspots and monitoring populations over time.
Conduct surveys in Inter-tidal zones, helping us to establish the species present in different zones and how environmental factors affect species populations. Data is also contributed to citizen science projects such as Echinomap as well as a local scientific monitoring NGO.
- Identifying coastal birds
- Recording bird sightings data
- Surveying inter-tidal zones and identifying organisms
- Entering data into relevant databases
- Establishing a partnership with local scientists
- Contributing to citizen science databases
Current Project Needs
- Volunteer manpower
- Reference books