Join this Marine Research internship in Mozambique and work alongside experts in the field of Marine Biology in a tropical paradise!
- Get hands on experience of scientific research projects and learn about data handling
- See amazing sea-life, including whales, dolphins, whale-sharks and coral reefs
- Give back to the local community through outreach projects like painting local schools and providing swimming lessons for kids
Marine research internship details:
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
- Pick-up & Drop-off at Inhambane Airport (or transport to safari lodge if you choose to join the optional safari)
- 24/7 emergency support
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources (including diving kit hire)
- Accommodation in Guinjata Bay
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Training, guidance and mentoring from on-site marine biologists
- Scientific dive training
- Project T-shirt
- Local cultural tour
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Comfortable
You will have access to all amenities including running water, electricity. Most bankcards work at local banks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) and you will have access to the Internet. You will also find that you can purchase almost anything at local shops.
Recommended for those who enjoy having access to restaurants and shops as well as daily communication with friends and family at home.
You need to be studying (or qualified) in a relevant subject to University level
You need to have a passion for marine conservation and nature and a love for working outdoors.
You need to be in good health and reasonable physical fitness is required. You need to be able to swim 200 metres and tread water for 10 minutes unaided.
You need to be PADI Open Water qualified prior to beginning the internship. (You can complete the qualification in Mozambique – please contact us for details)
You also need to be confident with speaking English.
After your Marine Research & Diving Experience in Mozambique, you have the option to go to South Africa and spend 5 days exploring the stunning Balule Private Game Reserve in the Greater Kruger Park Ecosystem.
- Transport to safari lodge
- Accommodation is safari lodge
- 3 meals a day
- Game drives
- Animal behaviour lecture
- Bush walks
- Drakensburg Mountain tour
- Transport from safari lodge to Johannesburg Airport
Volunteer on this Program from:
Volunteer in Mozambique:
Experience idyllic beaches and amazing marine life in one of the most beautiful regions of Mozambique!
You couldn’t hope for a more stunning location to volunteer than Guinjata Bay. In your down time you can enjoy lazing under coconut trees and feeling the sand between your toes!