As a marine conservation volunteer in Mozambique you will help with exciting research projects in a tropical paradise! You can also improve your diving skills and see some incredible marine life!
- Become a qualified diver by completing your PADI Open Water (or Advanced) certificate (included in the program!)
- As a marine research volunteer you will work with experts in the field of Marine Biology
- Get hands on experience in marine research projects abroad
- Help with community outreach projects like painting local schools and providing swimming lessons for kids
- See amazing sea-life, including whales, dolphins, whale-sharks and much more!
Marine volunteer project details:
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
After your Marine Research & Diving Experience in Mozambique, you have the option to go to South Africa and spend 5 days exploring the stunning Balule Private Game Reserve in the Greater Kruger Park Ecosystem.
- Transport to safari lodge
- Accommodation is safari lodge
- 3 meals a day
- Game drives
- Animal behaviour lecture
- Bush walks
- Drakensburg Mountain tour
- Transport from safari lodge to Johannesburg Airport
- Pick-up & Drop-off at Inhambane Airport (or transport to safari lodge if you choose to join the optional safari)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Accommodation in Guinjata Bay
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirt
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources (including diving kit hire)
- PADI diving qualification (Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Emergency First Aid Response; or Rescue Diver)
- Local cultural tour
- Training, guidance and mentoring from on-site marine biologists
- Scientific dive training
- Ocean safari with megafauna training
- At least 2 of the following activities:
- Surf lesson
- Free-Diving Basic Training
- Yacht trip
- City walking tour
Challenge Level: Comfortable
You will have access to all amenities including running water, electricity. Most bankcards work at local banks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) and you will have access to the Internet. You will also find that you can purchase almost anything at local shops.
Recommended for those who enjoy having access to restaurants and shops as well as daily communication with friends and family at home.
Volunteer on this Program from:
Volunteer in Mozambique:
Experience idyllic beaches and amazing marine life in one of the most beautiful regions of Mozambique!
You couldn’t hope for a more stunning location to volunteer than Guinjata Bay. In your down time you can enjoy lazing under coconut trees and feeling the sand between your toes!