Join us as a preschool teaching intern in South Africa and support underprivileged pre-schools.
- Boost your resume with international teaching experience
- Provide much-needed support to a disadvantaged pre-school
- Work alongside local teachers and share your skills and ideas
- Help children develop important academic and social skills
- Give local children a head-start in life by teaching basic English language
- Push yourself out of your comfort zone by working in a different cultural environment
Pre-school Teaching internship details:
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Return Bus Ticket from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Knysna
- Pick up & drop off from arrival points (George airport or Knysna bus stop)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- Accommodation in our Volunteer House
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project Tshirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
- Free, unlimited WiFi and computer access in the Knysna volunteer house
- Post project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
Challenge Level: Comfortable
You will have access to all amenities including running water, electricity. Most bankcards work at local banks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) and you will have access to the Internet. You will also find that you can purchase almost anything at local shops.
Recommended for those who enjoy having access to restaurants and shops as well as daily communication with friends and family at home.
This internship program is aimed at those studying in the field of education; and teaching professionals.
You need to be hard working, motivated and able to show initiative. You also need to be confident with speaking English.
I think at the pre-school they appreciate the help so much and I really felt that we made a difference.
What I found the most memorable is that the children that you meet have so little yet they always have a smile for you.
Volunteer in Knysna, South Africa
Knysna is one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa. Stunning views, impressive mountain passes, lush green forests and white sandy beaches.
Knysna really is paradise and it’s no surprise that it has been voted South Africa’s favorite holiday town on many occasions!