When you join a Volunteer School Africa project you may be assisting with manual labour tasks such as plastering walls, putting up shelves or creating food gardens; or you may be assisting with visually uplifting the school by painting fences and play areas, creating educational posters or designing murals!
Don’t worry if you don’t have skills specific to these tasks – we will have local community members to assist you wherever necessary on this volunteer school Africa project and we will make sure that your individual skills are put to good use
- Building of new school buildings
- Necessary maintenance of the interior and exterior of current schools
- Painting and decorating interior and exterior of schools
- Building tables, shelves, cupboards etc.
- Food Gardens.
- Creating Educational posters and resources.
*exact tasks are dependent on the current needs of the school and the individual skills of volunteers
- Assisting 12 schools to date
- Successful partnership with Knysna Education Trust
- 230 volunteer hours contributed in 2015
Current Project Needs
- Volunteer manpower
- Paint and paintbrushes
- Building materials
- Fund-raising for large projects