About the Program
Join us as a sports coaching volunteer and spend your time supporting our community projects in the mornings and helping with sports workshops in the afternoons. It’s a great way to immerse yourself in the South African Culture, enjoy a fun experience and get fit at the same time!
You will be providing an opportunity for children in the community to participate in sports activities. You will be keeping them active and fit; and steering them away from negative things in life such as drugs, drinking and crime.
Through sports we aim to inspire kids and give them opportunities that do not exist in their normal environment. The most popular sports with the local children are soccer and netball; however we encourage volunteers to share their personal skills and introduce new sports to the children.
You may be running your own independent sports workshops or assisting local community members with sports workshops.
You will assist with projects aimed at empowering locals and targeting the main areas of concern in the local community – health, education and nutrition.
Projects include conducting social surveys and health screening; assisting with food security projects like vegetable gardens, eco-friendly greenhouses, and our pop-up soup kitchen; assisting with after-school programs; helping at an elderly care centre; and running a weekly recycling exchange initiative for children- a full and varied experience!
Volunteer in Knysna
Knysna really is paradise and it’s no surprise that it has been voted South Africa’s favorite holiday town on many occasions!
- All project costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Pick up/drop off at George Airport.
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- Accommodation in our Volunteer House
- 3 meals a day (on weekends we provide the ingredients for you to cook your own dinners)
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirt
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons
- Free, unlimited Wi-Fi and computer access in the Knysna volunteer house
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
- As a sports coach volunteer in South Africa you will inspire local children to be active and healthy
- Teach local children to new sports and develop their skills
- Help with our community outreach projects in the mornings when you are not coaching
- Meet the local people and make friends for life