Volunteer for Elderly residents who live at a care home in Knysna, South Africa. This project is aimed at providing company and support to the residents of a local old age centre.
Our volunteers provide an opportunity for residents to enjoy a range of different programs, including exercise programs, arts and craft activities, group games, story reading, gardening and more! They especially love a game of bingo and making cards for their loved ones.
Through this project we are able to keep the residents mentally and physically active, provide them with emotional support, and provide an opportunity for many hours of fun they otherwise wouldn’t have. Many of the residents do not have family members that visit often. Not only do we help to break up some of the long days but it is a great opportunity for cultural exchange.
- Preparing activities for each visit
- Assisting with the facilitation of activities
- Interacting with residents
- Further development of the project
- 112 volunteer hours contributed in 2015
- 3 events organised
- 20 community members reached
Current Project Needs
- Volunteer manpower
- Activity ideas
- Fund-raising for the centre