Take action on the growing plastic pollution problem that the world faces. Help us tackle several environmental issues that contribute towards climate change and learn about how you can be the difference in the world!
- Help to restore the unique forest and beach habitats of the famous Garden Route, South Africa
- Work along one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world
- Help us make eco-bricks, conduct beach cleanups, remove alien invasive plants – all hands on action towards reducing pollution and restoring the environment
- Increase your knowledge of the species from the area – forest birds, mammals, ocean plants and animals and shore birds we conduct biodiversity surveys to determine effects of climate change
- Help us run fun workshops for local children teaching them how we can make small changes to the way we live our lives in a more earth-savvy way
- Help with a community recycling program for kids called the Swop Shop based on a recycling exchange system
Conservation volunteer program details:
These are some of the projects you will be involved in when you join this program.
- All project operating costs, equipment, tools and resources
- Return Bus Ticket from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Knysna
- Pick up & drop off from arrival points (George airport or Knysna bus stop)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Orientation & Training
- Accommodation in our Volunteer House
- 3 Meals a day
- Project Related Transport
- Project T-shirts
- Dedicated coordinators to assist you daily
- Project support and feedback sessions throughout your stay
- Assistance with optional activities and tours
- Assistance obtaining a local SIM Card for your phone
- Additional cultural and outdoor activities on Friday afternoons (and some evenings)
- Free, unlimited Wi-Fi and computer access in the Knysna volunteer house
- Post-project involvement, and an exclusive return volunteer discount
|Sunday||Free Day||Free Day|
|Monday||Information Session/Forest Species Survey||Kids Workshop|
|Tuesday||Information Session/Creating eco-bricks and building from eco-bricks||Alien plant eradication|
|Wednesday||Beach Clean Up||Recycling Swop Shop|
|Thursday||Information Session/Tidal Pool Research Project||Coastal Birds Survey|
|Friday||Alien Plant Eradication||Cultural Activity|
The people were all really friendly, the landscape was breath-taking and the projects were all really interesting
Challenge Level: Comfortable
You will have access to all amenities including running water, electricity. Most bankcards work at local banks (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) and you will have access to the Internet. You will also find that you can purchase almost anything at local shops.
Recommended for those who enjoy having access to restaurants and shops as well as daily communication with friends and family at home.
Minimum stay is 2 weeks. Please contact us for pricing for group bookings.
Volunteer in Knysna, South Africa
Knysna is one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa. Stunning views, impressive mountain passes, lush green forests and white sandy beaches.
Knysna really is paradise and it’s no surprise that it has been voted South Africa’s favorite holiday town on many occasions!